Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Paul Stear

Default How to rip cd to mp3

Hello all,
This is my first post to the list,having just installed kubuntu (a change from
gentoo).
I can not see how to rip my cds to mp3, in the past OI have used lame, which I
think is installed on this computer but it is not showing up in k3b or xripper
In audi CDs-System Settings onlt the tab for ogg vorbis encoder is shown.
When I used gentoo I had a tab for mp3 as well.

I am sure I have just missed something so could anybody point me in the right
direction please.

paul
--
This email has been sent using kmail on kubuntu

Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Paul Stear

On Monday 14 Feb 2011 14:02:40 Paul Stear wrote:
> Hello all,
> This is my first post to the list,having just installed kubuntu (a change
> from gentoo).
> I can not see how to rip my cds to mp3, in the past OI have used lame,
> which I think is installed on this computer but it is not showing up in
> k3b or xripper In audi CDs-System Settings onlt the tab for ogg vorbis
> encoder is shown. When I used gentoo I had a tab for mp3 as well.
>
> I am sure I have just missed something so could anybody point me in the
> right direction please.
>
> paul

Sorry to reply to my own post but I have just realized that lame (frontend) was
not installed only libmp3lame0 mp3 encoding library was installed.
so xripper is now working and I have an entry id system settings.
regards
paul
--
This email has been sent using kmail on kubuntu