Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Brian Wootton

Default Standard (KDE) key-bindings (Georgi Kourtev) (Michael, Hirsch) (Michael Hirsch)

On 10/02/11 12:00, kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

Re: Standard (KDE) key-bindings (Georgi Kourtev) (Michael
Hirsch) (Michael Hirsch)

My apologies to you all for wasting our time! For about a month now I've
been having to re-boot a locked up machine which seemed to be doing
this only while playing videos or music. I've just done an 'unplug the
power from the power socket' boot - so far this seems to have cured
the machine from locking up(fingers crossed, it also caused the OS to
do a full disk check). The more amazing thing though is that instead of
the only item in the global shortcuts drop down being 'KDE Daemon' I've
now got 10 entries, one of which is, of course, 'KWin'! I don't think I
want

to try and work out what was actually wrong, I will just assume that there
was a disc error somewhere caused by a dodgy SATA II connection which
fsck found and corrected.
Once again - sorry for this wild goose chase.
brian