Old 02-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Donn

Default QT4 in Feisty

> If someone can give me some detailed instructions (of the "type this at
> the command line" type) I'd be very grateful.
It's not much of an answer - but could you not fetch the source and compile
them? Sometimes that's the only route.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Girard Henri

download last xqt4 xx at trolltech
follow the instruction it might be long but quite easy to do
uncompress them and go in the directory qtxx..
then ./configure --prefix=/usr/share/qt4 (mostly on kubuntu system)
or something else (/usr/lib/qt4 )
when configure is made
type : make
and then make install
depending on your processor and RAM for compiling
After when you compile myscribe don't forget to export QTDIR
export QTDIR=/where you put them
for my exemple export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt4
export PATH=/usr/share/qt4/bin:$PATH
should work
good luck

Old 02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:48:20PM +0000, Ollie Killingback wrote:
> I need to use MyScribe for a course I am on, and having downloaded it I
> now find it needs QT 4 libraries to run. Another member of the course
> has successfully installed these in Gutsy, but I am still running Feisty
> for reasons connected with my wifi drivers.
>
> So I checked the ubuntu packages pages and they are not there, so I am
> rather unsure what to do. I see libqt4 is not in the Adept packages.
> Can I install these with aptget? Am I going to break anything if I do?
>
> If someone can give me some detailed instructions (of the "type this at
> the command line" type) I'd be very grateful.

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools

You can get Qt 4.3 by enabling backports.

Jonathan