Old 02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
"O. Sinclair"

Default missing distribution lists KAdressbook

Did upgrade to KDE 4.6 SC on Kubuntu 10.10. For the umpteenth time the
distribuiton lists went missing...

As far as I can see I have one akonadi-resource for adressbook that is
to be used for both contacts and lists and they disappear EVERY time I
upgrade KDE.. or so it feels at least.

anyone has an idea of where to start cause I am tired of recreating them

Sinclair

Old 02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Wednesday, February 09, 2011, O. Sinclair wrote:
> Did upgrade to KDE 4.6 SC on Kubuntu 10.10. For the umpteenth time the
> distribuiton lists went missing...
>
> As far as I can see I have one akonadi-resource for adressbook that is
> to be used for both contacts and lists and they disappear EVERY time I
> upgrade KDE.. or so it feels at least.
>
> anyone has an idea of where to start cause I am tired of recreating them
>
> Sinclair

How about /~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf ??

that's where all your contacts are in the address book.

I run XFCE and have to go dig for that every time I boot, but I don't have any
lists so they might be somewhere else.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:21 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Did upgrade to KDE 4.6 SC on Kubuntu 10.10. For the umpteenth time the
distribuiton lists went missing...

As far as I can see I have one akonadi-resource for adressbook that is
to be used for both contacts and lists and they disappear EVERY time I
upgrade KDE.. or so it feels at least.

anyone has an idea of where to start cause I am tired of recreating them

Sinclair

How about /~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf ??

that's where all your contacts are in the address book.

I run XFCE and have to go dig for that every time I boot, but I don't have any
lists so they might be somewhere else.

Not anymore - they are now found in
/~/.local/share/contacts
when using Akonadi and they have gibberish names (they are vcf files as
far as I can see) and a very explicit warning not to tamper with these
as they are managed by Akonadi is issued in a readme file

Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
"O. Sinclair"