Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Michael Hirsch

Default Why does KDE always reset my plasma workspace shortcuts?

In my IDE, Ctrl-Alt-V is the keystroke for "extract variable", a
command I use multiple times a day. That is also the default shortcut
in KDE for the Plasma Workspace to open the systemtray-klipper menu.

Fortunately, shortcuts in KDE are easy to turn off, once you know how.
So I open systemsettings -> Shortcuts & Gestures -> Global Keyboard
Shortcuts, look through the components until I remember that it is
Plasma Workspace, then customize Systemtray-Klipper-10 to have no
shortcut.

That works great, until the next time I start KDE. Then I have to do
it all over again.

I've not had this problem before. I'm running KDE from the
PPA--currently on 4.5.5.

Anyone know why this is happening, or how I can make it stop?

Thanks,

Michael