Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Mirto Silvio Busico

Default Where can I find openclipart-libreoffice package for Lucid?

Hi all,
I have Lucid 64bit and I have installed the libreoffice PPA.

I was no able to find/install the openclipart-libreoffice package.

Altough it is in the suggested packages in the libreoffice package.

Have I to add other PPA?

Any help is greately appreciated.

Thanks
Mirto Busico

Old 01-29-2011, 10:10 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

On Friday, January 28, 2011 04:55:47 am Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have Lucid 64bit and I have installed the libreoffice PPA.
>
> I was no able to find/install the openclipart-libreoffice package.
>
> Altough it is in the suggested packages in the libreoffice package.
>
> Have I to add other PPA?
>
> Any help is greately appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Mirto Busico

Installing the openclipart package from the repositories gets a lot of
clipart that you can add as files from /usr/share/openclipart/. I haven't
figured out how to get it to appear in the galary with all the others yet.
I'm going to look at the danger signs libre office plugin and see if I can
devine what that uses to get itself in the gallery.

Alan

Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Mirto Silvio Busico

Il 30/01/2011 00:10, Alan Dacey Sr. ha scritto:
> On Friday, January 28, 2011 04:55:47 am Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have Lucid 64bit and I have installed the libreoffice PPA.
>>
>> I was no able to find/install the openclipart-libreoffice package.
>>
>> Altough it is in the suggested packages in the libreoffice package.
>>
>> Have I to add other PPA?
>>
>> Any help is greately appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mirto Busico
>>

> Installing the openclipart package from the repositories gets a lot of
> clipart that you can add as files from /usr/share/openclipart/. I haven't
> figured out how to get it to appear in the galary with all the others yet.
> I'm going to look at the danger signs libre office plugin and see if I can
> devine what that uses to get itself in the gallery.
>
> Alan

Well, I've found a workaround.

If I copy the directory content of
/usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/gallery/ (all the *-thm *.sdg *.sdv)
in the corresponding libreoffice directory (I cannot verify in this
moment but it should be /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/ )
all the galleries are shown.

Mybe the dconf file of openoffice-clipart can be modified to copy the
gallery files also in the libreoffice directory?

Thanks
Mirto

Old 01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

On Sunday, January 30, 2011 05:21:18 am Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> Il 30/01/2011 00:10, Alan Dacey Sr. ha scritto:
> > On Friday, January 28, 2011 04:55:47 am Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> I have Lucid 64bit and I have installed the libreoffice PPA.
> >>
> >> I was no able to find/install the openclipart-libreoffice package.
> >>
> >> Altough it is in the suggested packages in the libreoffice package.
> >>
> >> Have I to add other PPA?
> >>
> >> Any help is greately appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Mirto Busico
> >>

> > Installing the openclipart package from the repositories gets a lot of
> > clipart that you can add as files from /usr/share/openclipart/. I haven't
> > figured out how to get it to appear in the galary with all the others yet.
> > I'm going to look at the danger signs libre office plugin and see if I can
> > devine what that uses to get itself in the gallery.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> Well, I've found a workaround.
>
> If I copy the directory content of
> /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/gallery/ (all the *-thm *.sdg *.sdv)
> in the corresponding libreoffice directory (I cannot verify in this
> moment but it should be /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/ )
> all the galleries are shown.
>
> Mybe the dconf file of openoffice-clipart can be modified to copy the
> gallery files also in the libreoffice directory?
>
> Thanks
> Mirto

That's the ticket! I thought that if the openclipart package gets updated
you would not have any updates show up in LibreOffice since you did a copy.
So here is the command to link the folders so that you can get the latest
clipart (if the package ever gets updated, I don't remember ever seeing it,
but I don't exactly try to remember /every/ update)

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/gallery/* /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/

This works (or is it works-around ??)

Alan

Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Mirto Silvio Busico

Il 30/01/2011 14:50, Alan Dacey Sr. ha scritto:
> On Sunday, January 30, 2011 05:21:18 am Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:

>>> Installing the openclipart package from the repositories gets a lot of
>>> clipart that you can add as files from /usr/share/openclipart/. I haven't
>>> figured out how to get it to appear in the galary with all the others yet.
>>> I'm going to look at the danger signs libre office plugin and see if I can
>>> devine what that uses to get itself in the gallery.
>>>
>>> Alan
>>>
>> Well, I've found a workaround.
>>
>> If I copy the directory content of
>> /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/gallery/ (all the *-thm *.sdg *.sdv)
>> in the corresponding libreoffice directory (I cannot verify in this
>> moment but it should be /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/ )
>> all the galleries are shown.
>>
>> Mybe the dconf file of openoffice-clipart can be modified to copy the
>> gallery files also in the libreoffice directory?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mirto
>>
> That's the ticket! I thought that if the openclipart package gets updated
> you would not have any updates show up in LibreOffice since you did a copy.
> So here is the command to link the folders so that you can get the latest
> clipart (if the package ever gets updated, I don't remember ever seeing it,
> but I don't exactly try to remember /every/ update)
>
> sudo ln -s /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/gallery/* /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/
>
> This works (or is it works-around ??)
>
> Alan

Thanks Alan. It worked

Now I ended up with this script to install libreoffice and the cliparts:

_____________________________ start ______________________________
#!/bin/bash
# executet on Kubuntu Lucid
sudo apt-get purge "openoffice*"
sudo apt-get install openclipart-openoffice.org

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/gallery/*
/usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/gallery/

# install your language packs and preferred extensions
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-help-it libreoffice-l10n-it
libreoffice-pdfimport libreoffice-presenter-console
libreoffice-style-oxygen mozilla-libreoffice

Regards
Mirto