Old 01-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Thomas Olsen

Default Moving windows unintentionally

Hi

I sometimes maintain a Kubuntu installation at a friend of mine. A couple of
days ago I wanted to copy the text from an error message in a dialog and
noticed that instead of selecting the text I was moving the entire dialog;
exactly as if I had held down the ALT key.
I have never seen this behaviour before and couldn't find a place to disable
it.

Any clues?

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L

Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Mark Fraser

On Thursday 27 Jan 2011 19:19:18 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I sometimes maintain a Kubuntu installation at a friend of mine. A couple
> of days ago I wanted to copy the text from an error message in a dialog
> and noticed that instead of selecting the text I was moving the entire
> dialog; exactly as if I had held down the ALT key.
> I have never seen this behaviour before and couldn't find a place to
> disable it.
>
> Any clues?

Yes, Alt-F2 and enter oxygen-settings. You should see the option "Windows'
drag mode", change this to "Drag windows from titlebar only".

Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Thomas Olsen

On Thursday 27 January 2011 22:30:40 Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Thursday 27 Jan 2011 19:19:18 Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I sometimes maintain a Kubuntu installation at a friend of mine. A couple
> > of days ago I wanted to copy the text from an error message in a dialog
> > and noticed that instead of selecting the text I was moving the entire
> > dialog; exactly as if I had held down the ALT key.
> > I have never seen this behaviour before and couldn't find a place to
> > disable it.
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> Yes, Alt-F2 and enter oxygen-settings. You should see the option "Windows'
> drag mode", change this to "Drag windows from titlebar only".

Thanks :-)