Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Will Woods

Default Remove 'Change device' button from bootloader screen on EFI systems (#582143)

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 10:46 -0800, John Reiser wrote:
> On 01/27/2011 10:32 AM, Will Woods wrote:
> > EFI systems don't need to mess with 'BIOS Drive Order' and they can really
> > only install the bootloader in one place (the EFI System Partition),
>
> Are you sure? When I install fedora to an external drive on an Apple Macintosh
> system, then I see two "EFI System Partition"s, namely one on the internal drive
> and one on the external drive. I want my choice?

You make that choice on the partitioning screen - you pick which of the
EFI system partitions to mount as /boot/efi, and that's the one that the
bootloader gets installed to, and that EFI is configured to boot from.

This 'Change Devices' dialog would then let you mount one partition in
the configured system, but install GRUB/configure EFI for the other.
Which (AFAIK) will just leave you with an unbootable system. Which is
why there's no need to show it.

The commit message might be a little confusing, but don't worry,
nobody's actually removing Choices here.

-w