Old 01-27-2011, 04:54 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

Default Moving a window sometimes maximizes it

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:14:02 pm Homer wrote:
> Often when I am positioning a window to an upper corner, it maximizes
> just as I've about got it in position. How can I turn off this
> behavior?

System Settings --> Window Behavior --> Screen Edges
Look under the Window Management part and uncheck 'Maximize windows by dragging.....'

Alan

Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Homer

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Alan Dacey Sr.
<grokit@ajinfosearch.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:14:02 pm Homer wrote:
>> Often when I am positioning a window to an upper corner, it maximizes
>> just as I've about got it in position. *How can I turn off this
>> behavior?
>>

> System Settings --> *Window Behavior --> *Screen Edges
> * * * *Look under the Window Management part and uncheck 'Maximize windows by dragging.....'
>
> Alan

Thank you Alan. I should have mentioned I'm running 10.04. The path
I took to get to the setting is:
System Settings -> Desktop -> Screen Edges

Old 01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 01:29:02 pm Homer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Alan Dacey Sr.
> <grokit@ajinfosearch.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:14:02 pm Homer wrote:
> >> Often when I am positioning a window to an upper corner, it maximizes
> >> just as I've about got it in position. How can I turn off this
> >> behavior?
> >>

> > System Settings --> Window Behavior --> Screen Edges
> > Look under the Window Management part and uncheck 'Maximize windows by dragging.....'
> >
> > Alan
>
> Thank you Alan. I should have mentioned I'm running 10.04. The path
> I took to get to the setting is:
> System Settings -> Desktop -> Screen Edges

At least it wasn't changed too much in the newer KDE :-)

Alan

Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Clay Weber

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:14:02 PM Homer wrote:
> Often when I am positioning a window to an upper corner, it maximizes
> just as I've about got it in position. How can I turn off
> behavior?

System Settings >> Workspace behavior >> Screen Edges
Uncheck Maximize windows by dragging them to the top os the screen"

Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net
http://flyballmaine.com
http://emacdogsports.com