Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Jose Gomez-Dans

Default Panel spacer missing in 10.10/KDE 4.5.5

Hi,

I wanted to insert a panel spacer plasmoid in a panel (click the
panel's cashew -> Add Spacer), and all I get is a red button telling
me of "unknown widget". When the mouse hovers over, it says: "could
not find requested component: panelspacer_internal"

Does anyone have any clues whether this is a KDE or a Kubuntu bug? Or
am I missing something really obvious? there seems to be something in
/usr/lib: /usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_panelspacer_internal.so, but I
don't know whether it's relevant or not.

Thanks!
Jose

Old 01-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Jose Gomez-Dans

I keep having to re-add the spacer to my panels when upgrading stuff over the last couple of months, the spacer disappears.

Hi,
After a couple of shutdown cycles, it appears that it is *now *working fine.