Old 01-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Pascal Francq

Default Kontact and Google

Hi,

I have to change the password of my Google account which I use to store my*

calendar and my contacts. But, I do not find where I can change this password*

in Kontact.

Thanks.

--

Dr. Ir. Pascal Francq

BELGIUM

Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

On Monday, January 17, 2011 11:41:20 am Pascal Francq wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to change the password of my Google account which I use to store my
> calendar and my contacts. But, I do not find where I can change this password
> in Kontact.
> Thanks.

Bring up the settings window: Settings --> Configure Kmail
Pick Accounts (second one down in the left section). Make sure the Receiving tab is active.
Highlight the account you wish to change the password in then click the Modify button on the right.
The password is in the middle.

Alan

Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Pascal Francq

My problem is to configure Kontact to read my e-mails on GMail, but to
configure the accounts used by the Calendar and Contact parts.

--

Dr. Ir. Pascal Francq
BELGIUM

Old 01-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Waleed Hamra

On 01/17/2011 06:41 PM, Pascal Francq wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to change the password of my Google account which I use to store my
> calendar and my contacts. But, I do not find where I can change this password
> in Kontact.
> Thanks.

not sure about kontact, but i would assume it must use a similar
behavious to thunderbird. in thunderbird, if the google password is
changed, TB tries logging in and fails, so prompt me for a password, if
the login succeeds using new password, it saves it, replacing the old.
hope this helps.
--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Pascal Francq

Kontact just does not update the calendar, but does ask any password.

--

Dr. Ir. Pascal Francq
BELGIUM

Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Georgi Kourtev

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011 00:59:28 Pascal Francq wrote:
> Kontact just does not update the calendar, but does ask any password.
>
> On lundi 17 janvier 2011, Waleed Hamra wrote:
> > On 01/17/2011 06:41 PM, Pascal Francq wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I have to change the password of my Google account which I use to store
> > > my calendar and my contacts. But, I do not find where I can change this
> > > password in Kontact.
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > not sure about kontact, but i would assume it must use a similar
> > behavious to thunderbird. in thunderbird, if the google password is
> > changed, TB tries logging in and fails, so prompt me for a password, if
> > the login succeeds using new password, it saves it, replacing the old.
> > hope this helps.

I think you should change the pass in the Akonadi setting. Press Alt+F2type
Akonadi Configuration and then look at your resources there -- address book and
calendar.
gk

Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Pascal Francq

In fact, I use the Akonadi Configuration tu remove all the existing resources
and to create two new ones with the correct passwords. Its Works. But, in
Kontact, I still "see" the two old Google resources and I do not know how to
delete them.

--

Dr. Ir. Pascal Francq
BELGIUM

Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Georgi Kourtev

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:17:32 Pascal Francq wrote:
> In fact, I use the Akonadi Configuration tu remove all the existing
> resources and to create two new ones with the correct passwords. Its
> Works. But, in Kontact, I still "see" the two old Google resources and I
> do not know how to delete them.

Go to the calendar for example and on the left pane you will see the
resources. Right click on top -- and you will see menu with many options,
delete included.
gk

Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Pascal Francq

In fact, it does not work. In the Calendar, I can of course delete the Akonado
Agenda, but when I create a new one, the old resource is still there. And in
the contacts panel, I can even remove the old resource. Only the new one can
be removed. Very strange. Perhaps something which is still in the database
used by Akonadi ?

--

Dr. Ir. Pascal Francq
BELGIUM