Old 01-15-2011, 12:45 PM
gene heskett

Default Possibly dumb question re inotify

Greetings all;

I have a need to detect the creation of a file, and gather stat data on it so that appropriate action can then be taken.

That means inotify I believe, so my question is 2 parts:

1. Can I use it from a bash script?

If yes, then:

2. Where might I find a tut on how?

Thanks all.

--

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Try to have as good a life as you can under the circumstances.