Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Clay Weber

Default maverick won't play videos

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Brian Wootton <Brian.Meg@btinternet.com> wrote:

Has anybody out there got any pointers, none of the media players will play

my videos in Maverick - did in Lucid OK.

*I've added the medibuntu repository, I've added all the codec libraries I

can find, but.......

*All the media players complain in a similar way - below is the output with dragon player:

The error message isn't giving any useful info as to why the videos are not playing. The ibus related warnings are concerning multilingual input switching and can be ignored.

maverick is still using the Xine backend for Phonon, so I would check that you have the package libxine-extracodecs installed as well as kubuntu-restricted-extras

clay
*

*% dragon

dragonplayer(2205)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "aspect_ratio_menu" with KXMLGUIFactory!

dragonplayer(2205)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "audio_channels_menu" with KXMLGUIFactory!

dragonplayer(2205)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "subtitle_channels_menu" with KXMLGUIFactory!

QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory

QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/brian/.config/ibus/bus

Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.

IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon

what starts the 'ibus-daemon', what is this daemon doing? what would happen

if I invented .config/ibus/bus?

brian