Old 02-05-2008, 05:39 AM
"Donatas G."

Default temporary freeze when switching desktops

Hi, does anyone experience a problem like this one?

sometimes, when I switch between my virtual desktops, the desktop freezes for
up to 5 seconds. I see the OSD of the desktop I switch to for all those five
seconds. Then it goes away and the system is responsive again. That is
annoying.

What could be the cause of such behavior? How do I find it?

I do not experience it on other accounts, and it appeared only in Gutsy...

At first I suspected superkaramba, but it was not the problem.

My system is: i686, Kubuntu Gutsy, KDE 3.5.8

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info