Old 01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

Default problems with ybook e-book reader with wine

On Saturday, January 08, 2011 01:15:26 pm Nigel Henry wrote:

> I'm trying to use ybook e-book reader with wine. It installs ok on Hardy, and

> Intrepid, and will load a book ok, but the book does not display, just a

> black background on the reader.

> According to wine hq appdb, it should work fine, with 2 entries for platinum

> status, and one for gold.

> Has anybody here tried it, and got it working with wine?

Why are you fooling around with yBook on wine? I just checked out the website

and it looks like a simple utility. I've been using Calibre [1] for a couple of years

now and think very highly of it. an older version is in the repositories but the

latest is a simple Install with a copy & paste to the command line [2]. It reads

everything and keeps track of all your ebooks too. Searches are very fast and I've

never had a problem reading an ebook in any format - lit, epub, pdf, rtf, to name a few.

Alan

[1] http://calibre-ebook.com/

[2] sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read(); main()"