Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Rod Lovett

Default Skype no microphone input in Kubuntu 32 bit Meerkat

Hi,
using a gigabyte board with intel chipset, and intel sound, 3.0
core duo processor
Microphone works in alsa, giving speaker output but not in skype. Skype
works perfectly well in ubuntu which uses pulseaudio.

Tried with pulseaudio, and without pulseaudio, ticked capture channels
in alsa, racked up both mikes, but not a recorded peep in skype, only
sound from speakers.

Skype works in aptosid KDE 32 after installing pulseaudio too.
Kubuntu is based on a snapshot of Debian Sid I think, so what is wrong I
wonder.
Something a bit too clever by half or difficult for me.
Regards
Rod

Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Nils Kassube

Rod Lovett wrote:
> Microphone works in alsa, giving speaker output but not in skype.
> Skype works perfectly well in ubuntu which uses pulseaudio.
> Tried with pulseaudio, and without pulseaudio, ticked capture
> channels in alsa, racked up both mikes, but not a recorded peep in
> skype, only sound from speakers.

I don't use Skype nor Maverick but from what I have seen here, sound
problem + Kubuntu Maverick usually means that you should run pavucontrol
(from the package with the same name).

Nils

Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Microphone works in alsa, giving speaker output but not in skype.
Skype works perfectly well in ubuntu which uses pulseaudio.
Tried with pulseaudio, and without pulseaudio, ticked capture
channels in alsa, racked up both mikes, but not a recorded peep in
skype, only sound from speakers.

I don't use Skype nor Maverick but from what I have seen here, sound
problem + Kubuntu Maverick usually means that you should run pavucontrol
(from the package with the same name).

Nils

Meerkat is still in alpha as I recall but I would also say pavucontrol.
That does not work - reinstall Lucid or Maverick. File a bug first.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Nils Kassube

O. Sinclair wrote:
> Meerkat is still in alpha as I recall

Not really - Maverick Meerkat = 10.10 which was released 3 months ago.
Probably you are mixing it up with Natty Narval which really is in alpha
stage.

Nils