Old 01-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Mirto Silvio Busico

Default zentyal-desktop crashes konsole in Lucid 64 and Maverick 64

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a client PC that uses a Kubuntu Lucid + Zentyal as
authentication and group server.

When I install zentyal desktop from the ppa (
http://trac.zentyal.org/wiki/Document/Documentation/ZentyalDesktop/Ubuntu )
everything seems to work and I'm able to login with an user defined on
the openLDAP server on the server PC.

But from this moment any user (local or LDAP) is no more able to start
konsole: the window flashes and closes.

I have the same behaviour with Lucid and Maverick client PC.

I supposed that was related to Kde; so I repeated the test with Ubuntu
Maverick.
With Gnome, the local user is still able to use gnome-terminal; but for
the LDAP user the gnome-terminal flashes and closes.

BTW all the PC are virtual machines (managed with libvirt) and are 64
bit versions.

Anyone had this problem?
Any suggestion about what I can try?

Thanks