Old 12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Advice on a Gigabook netbook

I'm looking for a 10 inch netbook that I can install Linux (*buntu) on.
I refuse to buy one with Windows pre-installed (a matter of principle) and have managed to find
one offered without an OS.
The only thing is is that I've never heard of it before. It's a Gigabook M817P N450 2GB 10.1'
250GB. I think the parent company is Gericom (German?).

Does anybody know if they are any good and do they run Linux OK?
Here is a link to the shop's web page that has the details (in Hebrew but all the details are in
English):
http://www.goldtop.co.il/show_details.asp?prod_id=29743&catid=919

Any help/advice would be appreciated :-)

Nigel