Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Knapp

Default How do you get Blender thumbnails to work in KDE?

>>> I am not sure if I am getting a bug or if I have not understood how
>>> this works. I am running Kubuntu 10.10 current SVN Blender 2.5 64 bit
>>>
>>> I have found in preferences where it says thumbnails and have turned
>>> that on. I have rendered and saved a blend using the default cube but
>>> even when reloading my blend using Blender I get no thumbnails and I
>>> don't see any with Dolphin ether. Help? Or bug?
>>> Thanks
>> Kubuntu is KDE, Ubuntu is GNOME. It seems their thumb handlers aren't
>> compatible.
>
> So file a bug?

No, ./release/bin/blender-thumbnailer.py is just a script which
extracts thumbnails from blend files.

For gnome to use this to generate thumbs you have to run...
gconftool --type boolean --set
/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/application@x-blender/enable true
gconftool --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/application@x-blender/command
"blender-thumbnailer.py %i %o"

So for KDE's Dolphin I expect there is an equivalent command, just
need to research how their thumbnails are generated and stored.

So anyone here know the KDE answer? Thanks!
--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: