Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Bill Vance

Default mysql question

Howdy;

I've been having a little trouble getting mysql up and running. It now appears
that it may be because of one or more missing binaries. The one in question at
the moment is, "mysqld". Anyone know what package it's in?

Bill

* *
RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! * 4-19!
* *

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus Christ

Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Steven Vollom

Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Donn

> question at the moment is, "mysqld". Anyone know what package it's in?
I have these installed and mysql is working for me:

libdbd-mysql-perl install
libmysqlclient15off install
mysql-client-5.0 install
mysql-common install
mysql-server install
mysql-server-5.0 install
php5-mysql install

HTH

Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Bill Vance said the following at 02/04/2008 04:43 AM :
> Howdy;
>
> I've been having a little trouble getting mysql up and running. It now appears
> that it may be because of one or more missing binaries. The one in question at
> the moment is, "mysqld". Anyone know what package it's in?
>
> Bill

Please try not to hijack threads, Bill. It wreaks havoc with threaded MUAs
(and also means that not everyone will see your question).

Doc

Old 12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
ann kok

Hi
*
Do you know any good mysql mailing list?
*
I have question what is the different between
*
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
/var/lib/mysql/mysqld.sock

Thank you

Get the name you've always wanted ! @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com.__________________________________ _____________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

Old 12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Spiro Harvey

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=mysql+mailing+list

> I have question what is the different between
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> /var/lib/mysql/mysqld.sock

I have very little knowledge of mysql, but my understanding is it's
just a naming convention. CentOS uses mysql.sock for its mysqld
service, and some other distributions use mysqld.sock.

It's just another method applications use to connect to mysql.

look at /etc/my.cnf to see where yours is configured to be.

--
Spiro Harvey Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923 www.knossos.net.nz

Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Scott Silva

on 12-2-2008 5:38 AM ann kok spake the following:
> Hi
>
> Do you know any good mysql mailing list?
>
> I have question what is the different between
>
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> /var/lib/mysql/mysqld.sock
> Thank you
You can name the socket anything you want in the my.cnf file.
You can call it /var/lib/mysql/shiny_puppy_happy_feeling.sock if you want to.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 12-03-2008, 02:06 PM
ann kok

Hi All

Can I know what is the meaning of the position?
Why there is nothing in the "Binlog_Ignore_DB"

mysql> show master status;
+-------------------+----------+---------------+------------------+
| File | Position | Binlog_Do_DB | Binlog_Ignore_DB |
+-------------------+----------+---------------+------------------+
| mysqld-bin.000006 | 183219 | dbname,dbname | |
+-------------------+----------+---------------+------------------+

Thank you

Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Cameron Simpson

On 03Dec2008 07:06, ann kok <oiyankok@yahoo.ca> wrote:
| Can I know what is the meaning of the position?

It is how many transactions are in the binlog.
You can look in

| Why there is nothing in the "Binlog_Ignore_DB"

Because you're not ignoring any DBs in the replication?

| mysql> show master status;
| +-------------------+----------+---------------+------------------+
| | File | Position | Binlog_Do_DB | Binlog_Ignore_DB |
| +-------------------+----------+---------------+------------------+
| | mysqld-bin.000006 | 183219 | dbname,dbname | |

Isn't this decribed in the MySQL doco?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-options-binary-log.html

Did you look there first?
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The problem is, every time something goes wrong, the paperwork is found
in order... - Walker on NASA