FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Jim MacLeod
 
Default No list of users in KDM

On Friday 17 December 2010 14:26:41 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Kubuntu 10.10, KDE 4.6 beta2. Although the "Show List" option in
> System Settings -> Login Screen -> Users is checked, and two users
> have checkmarks beside them, and "Inverse Selection" is unchecked, and
> Convenience -> Auto-Login is unchecked, there still is not shown a
> list of users when KDM appears. What else needs to be set?
>
Don't know - but then, I've not seen a users list since possibly 9.04 yet all
checked as you have done.

> Thanks.
Jim


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Mark Fraser
 
Default No list of users in KDM

On Friday 17 Dec 2010 14:26:41 Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Kubuntu 10.10, KDE 4.6 beta2. Although the "Show List" option in

> System Settings -> Login Screen -> Users is checked, and two users

> have checkmarks beside them, and "Inverse Selection" is unchecked, and

> Convenience -> Auto-Login is unchecked, there still is not shown a

> list of users when KDM appears. What else needs to be set?

>

> Thanks.



I think you need to change the theme to Oxygen after installing the package kdebase-workspace-wallpapers if it isn't already installed.



If this doesn't work, I can email you my kdmrc that works here.



--

Registered Linux User #466407 http://counter.li.org





--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Gil Gibbons
 
Default No list of users in KDM

On 12/17/2010 09:26 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Kubuntu 10.10, KDE 4.6 beta2. Although the "Show List" option in
> System Settings -> Login Screen -> Users is checked, and two users
> have checkmarks beside them, and "Inverse Selection" is unchecked, and
> Convenience -> Auto-Login is unchecked, there still is not shown a
> list of users when KDM appears. What else needs to be set?
>
> Thanks.
>
You can change the Login Theme to one that shows the users.

There is a bug that stops you from installing new themes the workaround is
to use Konsole/Krunner and type in

kdesudo kcmshell4 kdm

Which will give you the permission to install new login themes


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 12-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Dotan Cohen
 
Default No list of users in KDM

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 15:05, Gil Gibbons <gilgib1@verizon.net> wrote:
> You can change the Login Theme to one that shows the users.
>

Thank you, I did not realise that this feature is theme dependant.

> There is a bug that stops you from installing new themes the workaround is
> to use Konsole/Krunner and type in
>
> kdesudo kcmshell4 kdm
>
> Which will give you the permission to install new login themes
>

Terrific, thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org