Old 12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Billie Walsh

Default Grub Config hangs

I have 10.04 and during updates it gets to :

Running postinst hook script /user/sbin/update-grub.
Generating grub.cfg ...

and just hangs there. Last time we were going to town to run errands and
I just let it run for hours while we were gone and it was still in the
same spot. That time I clicked the "x" to exit till I got the message
that the program was not responding and terminated it. Didn't seem to
hurt anything because it boots just fine, I just don't see a grub scree
on boot up.

The system is a single OS - Kubuntu 10.04-64
AMD quad core
4 gig ram