Old 12-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Isaac Gerg

Default getting creative nomad ii to work on 10.10

Can anyone help?*

Tried installing gnomad2 but had trouble with libnjb.
libnjb wont compile because it needs libusb
libusb is not available via sudo apt-get libusb

I tried install the software via wine but had no luck.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Nils Kassube

Isaac Gerg wrote:
> Tried installing gnomad2 but had trouble with libnjb.
> libnjb wont compile because it needs libusb

libnjb is available as a compiled package from the repository. You could
try the command

sudo apt-get install libnjb5

but I would suggest to use a graphical package manager instead of the
command line (I prefer synaptic).

> libusb is not available via sudo apt-get libusb

Right - there is no package of that name but you could search for it
with the command

apt-cache search libusb

or search for libusb in your preferred graphical package manager. There
is libusb-0.1-4 which is installed as default and there is also
libusb-1.0-0. BTW: If you want to compile something which needs the
package libusb (or any other library), you should install the -dev
package as well. Otherwise the compiler can't find the header files it
needs.

Nils