Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 PM
"Helder Terra"

Default Installing Scribus key

I found out that the new 1.3.9 version of Scribus was released, and since
I'd made a fresh install of Kubuntu Maverick, I had to import its security
key again, to add the repository.

But once I entered the "sudo gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys
EEF818CF" into terminal (as shown bleow), I got a response telling me that,
beacouse of security reasons, I couldn't install the key. I've taken a look
at gpg.conf and couldn't find where so grant the needed permissions.

I hadn't taht problem with the previous versions of Kubuntu. What should I
do to solve the problem?

helder@sala:~$ sudo gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys EEF818CF
[sudo] password for pensador:
gpg: AVISO: permissões inseguras no arquivo de configuração:
`/home/pensador/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
gpg: chamadas de programas externos são desabilitadas devido a opções de
permissões de arquivo nocivas
gpg: erro de comunicação com o keyserver: erro geral
gpg: Recebimento de informação do keyserver falhou: erro geral

Old 12-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Thomas Olsen

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 20:45:32 Helder Terra wrote:
> I found out that the new 1.3.9 version of Scribus was released, and since
> I'd made a fresh install of Kubuntu Maverick, I had to import its security
> key again, to add the repository.
>
> But once I entered the "sudo gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys
> EEF818CF" into terminal (as shown bleow), I got a response telling me that,
> beacouse of security reasons, I couldn't install the key. I've taken a look
> at gpg.conf and couldn't find where so grant the needed permissions.
>
> I hadn't taht problem with the previous versions of Kubuntu. What should I
> do to solve the problem?
>
> helder@sala:~$ sudo gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys EEF818CF
> [sudo] password for pensador:
> gpg: AVISO: permissões inseguras no arquivo de configuração:
> `/home/pensador/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
> gpg: chamadas de programas externos são desabilitadas devido a opções de
> permissões de arquivo nocivas
> gpg: erro de comunicação com o keyserver: erro geral
> gpg: Recebimento de informação do keyserver falhou: erro geral

After going through Google Translate and with very little knowledge about gpg
it looks to me like it it the file permissions on gpg.conf that are wrong.
Maybe it has been made world readable or something. What does "ls -l gpg.conf"
print?

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L

Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Helder Terra

Thanks for the help, Thomas, but even before I could give you an answer,
the problem kind of solved itself.

Apparently the new Scribus version appeared at the repository, and I was
told by Kpackage the update was available. It installed the new version
without the key action.

Best regards,

Helder Terra