Old 12-06-2010, 02:34 PM
FarSight Data Systems

Default multisync syncmaster monitor drivers

I've been having problems finding a driver for the SyncMaster monitor, model 2243.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. The company page is practically useless.

Mark

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
uriah heep

I've been having problems finding a driver for the SyncMaster monitor, model 2243.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. The company page is practically useless.

Mark

Took me 4 minutes at***
*
--http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/LS20MYZRBQ/XAC

you do have to have java to work the page--Note there are 3 sets depending on the model code.* If you still cant get it * give me the model code and tell me where I can email it to you.

*Uriah

Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Tom Bell

been having problems finding a driver for the SyncMaster monitor,
model 2243.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. The company page is
practically useless.

Mark

Normally, one gets drivers for the video card or onboard chipset,
whichever the

user has.* The only differences between monitors are refresh rate
and resolution

(or size, 1900X1200, 840X640, 640X480, etc...).* I have never heard
of drivers

for the monitor itself.

Good luck!

Tom

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")

Old 12-07-2010, 07:37 PM
uriah heep

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Tom Bell <cbell44@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

been having problems finding a driver for the SyncMaster monitor,
model 2243.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. The company page is
practically useless.

Mark

Normally, one gets drivers for the video card or onboard chipset,
whichever the

user has.* The only differences between monitors are refresh rate
and resolution

(or size, 1900X1200, 840X640, 640X480, etc...).* I have never heard
of drivers

for the monitor itself.

Good luck!

Tom

Samsung provides programs that help in set up such as adjusting gamma and color. These are not necessary for the monitor to work--
uriah

Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM
uriah heep

dont think that samsung prepares drivers for unix base platform, they only prepare drivers for windows, i too are using syncmaster model for my monitor, still with out a driver, my monitor is working fine on ubuntu 10.10

Yes I agree you are right. At this time I am using a SyncMaster 2333SW and it worked fine under Kubuntu 10.10 and 10.4. excuse me for being confusing in my previous post I should have said that these additional programs only work under Windows.

Uriah