Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Knapp

Default Desktop responsiveness error

First I want vent. I upgraded to 10.10 and was greeted on reboot with
a GRUB can't boot error!! Turns out lots of people are having this
problem and it was a quick fix but WHY??? This is December!! Bugs like
this should be fixed!! Also my WiFi was bored because the upgrade
installed Knetwork one AGAIN!

OK on with the real problem, when I put my mouse on the top or bottom
and expect the menu bar to pop up, it often does not until after a
long pause. Perhaps the pause in 5 to 10 seconds. There are other
things that pause to like updates to windows when switching programs.
This error is on both 10.10 and 10.04. I have no idea how to fix it.
64 bit Kubuntu 10.10 Nvidia prop driver 260.19.06 Geforce 7600 GS. 4GB
ram amd x2.

Thanks!

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Thursday, December 02, 2010, Knapp wrote:

> OK on with the real problem, when I put my mouse on the top or bottom

> and expect the menu bar to pop up, it often does not until after a

> long pause. Perhaps the pause in 5 to 10 seconds. There are other

> things that pause to like updates to windows when switching programs.

> This error is on both 10.10 and 10.04. I have no idea how to fix it.

> 64 bit Kubuntu 10.10 Nvidia prop driver 260.19.06 Geforce 7600 GS. 4GB

> ram amd x2.

I have pretty much the same machine, and no menu slowness. Have you run TOP to see what might be stealing you cycles? Or checked on disk I/O or *anything* else that might be causing a slow response??

I didn't have any grub problems either but I started with the beta for 10.10