Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Bas Roufs

Default SOLVED: Missing link for handling .swf streams (radio, video)

Thanks, everybody for your help!
Today, it became clear that the presence of a conflicting package
caused the problem I dealt with the past few days: Gnash. After
purge-removing that package and it's dependencies via Synaptic, I
RE-installed Adobe Flash Player via the console command "sudo aptitude
reinstall adobe flashplugin". By doing so, I installed the latest
version of that package via the regular Medibuntu repository. Also,
last traces of "Gnash" have been removed automatically after that same
command. After a restart, all the .swf video and audio streams started
playing smoothly.

One question remains in this context. In case I open now something
with a package like Kaffeine, Amarok and VLC, a suggestion pops up to
install some "flash" package in order to enhance their functionality.
I am wondering whether the installation of that "flash" package would
conflict with the now working Adobe Flash Player plugin configuration.
Or is there some way to allow those multimedia packages to cooperate
with Adobe Flash Player?

Respectfully Yours,

Bas Roufs.