Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Bas Roufs

Default Difficulty to use radio streams and archives in SWF format.

Dear everybody

At present, I work in a Kubuntu Maverick (10.10) environment which
works well in several multimedia applications, also radio streams and
archives. There is one clear exception: the streams and archives in
.swf format. E.g. when going to this archive:
http://www.radio1.nl/terugluisteren/tijd

I get the following results after changing the settings in Firefox >
Tools > MediaPlayerConnectivity> Configure:

Kafeine:
Cannot find demux plugin for MRL
"http://www.radio1.nl/pbplayer/flash/pbplayer.swf".
VLC:
VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'http://www.radio1.nl/pbplayer/flash/pbplayer.swf'
cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details.

I have similar problems and results with:

svobodanews.ru:
http://www.svobodanews.ru/flash/MediaPlayer.swf?cache=

BBC.COM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576

Is it possible somehow to changes the settings in Kaffeine, VLC or
Amarok in such a way that it can work with .swf files?

Finally, I am wondering how to configure "MediaPlayerConnectivity" in
such a way, that it can also work with "Gnash".

Thanks for replying.

Respectfully yours,
Bas.