FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
ray burke
 
Default Fwd: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:42:58 +1100
Subject: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04
To: ""Kubuntu help support"kubuntu-users mail support"
<kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

can anyone help

I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing, so
looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I nned advise?

ray

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Jim MacLeod
 
Default Fwd: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04

On Monday 22 November 2010 19:52:01 ray burke wrote:
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:42:58 +1100
> Subject: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04
> To: ""Kubuntu help support"kubuntu-users mail support"
> <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> can anyone help
>
> I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
> 8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
> google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing, so
> looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
> saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
> someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I nned
> advise?
>
Using 10.10 and libcairomm-1.01 is listed as available if installing
gsmartcontrol. Obviously dependency must have been sorted in either
8.10/9.04/9.10/10.4 or even 10.10, just a case of tracking it down.

> ray
Jim

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Bruce Marshall
 
Default Fwd: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04

On Monday, November 22, 2010, ray burke wrote:
> I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
> 8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
> google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing, so
> looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
> saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
> someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I nned
> advise?


Would like to help but 8.04 is pretty old and I am running 10.10

I asked aptitude to install gsmartcontrol and it said "fine, let's do it!"
but I cancelled.

In otherwords, it had all the parts it needed.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Clay Weber
 
Default Fwd: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04

On Monday, November 22, 2010 03:09:06 pm Jim MacLeod wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2010 19:52:01 ray burke wrote:
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com>
> > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:42:58 +1100
> > Subject: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04
> > To: ""Kubuntu help support"kubuntu-users mail support"
> > <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> >
> > can anyone help
> >
> > I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
> > 8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
> > google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing, so
> > looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
> > saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
> > someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I nned
> > advise?
>
> Using 10.10 and libcairomm-1.01 is listed as available if installing
> gsmartcontrol. Obviously dependency must have been sorted in either
> 8.10/9.04/9.10/10.4 or even 10.10, just a case of tracking it down.
>
> > ray
>
> Jim

gsmartcontrol was never available in Ubuntu prior to Karmic, so there probably
will be numerous file version incompatibilities trying to install it in Hardy
as it was compiled against newer libraries than what was available in 8.04.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?name_filter=gsmartcontrol
lists some packages for it in a couple of PPA repositories repackaged
specifically for Hardy.

I recommend downloading and *manually* installing the hardy package from here:
https://launchpad.net/~dnjl/+archive/ppa/+files/gsmartcontrol_0.8.4-2%7Ednjl0_i386.deb
here's a tinyurl for it if the link is too long:
http://tinyurl.com/gsmartcontrol-for-hardy

This package is the newest version packaged, and is a simple backport from
Karmic, meaning it was simply re-compiled specifically for hardy more or less
by just changing the dependencies as needed for it to build.

clay

clay

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
ray burke
 
Default Fwd: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04

Clay,

I installed from
"https://launchpad.net/~dnjl/+archive/ppa/+files/gsmartcontrol_0.8.4-2%7Ednjl0_i386.deb"
but nothing happened, then I tried
installing when I was online and came saying installed, but cant seem
to find the
control start for it?

ray

On 11/27/10, Clay Weber <claydoh@claydoh.com> wrote:
> On Monday, November 22, 2010 03:09:06 pm Jim MacLeod wrote:
>> On Monday 22 November 2010 19:52:01 ray burke wrote:
>> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> > From: ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com>
>> > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:42:58 +1100
>> > Subject: gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04
>> > To: ""Kubuntu help support"kubuntu-users mail support"
>> > <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
>> >
>> > can anyone help
>> >
>> > I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
>> > 8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
>> > google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing, so
>> > looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
>> > saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
>> > someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I nned
>> > advise?
>>
>> Using 10.10 and libcairomm-1.01 is listed as available if installing
>> gsmartcontrol. Obviously dependency must have been sorted in either
>> 8.10/9.04/9.10/10.4 or even 10.10, just a case of tracking it down.
>>
>> > ray
>>
>> Jim
>
> gsmartcontrol was never available in Ubuntu prior to Karmic, so there
> probably
> will be numerous file version incompatibilities trying to install it in
> Hardy
> as it was compiled against newer libraries than what was available in 8.04.
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?name_filter=gsmartcontrol
> lists some packages for it in a couple of PPA repositories repackaged
> specifically for Hardy.
>
> I recommend downloading and *manually* installing the hardy package from
> here:
> https://launchpad.net/~dnjl/+archive/ppa/+files/gsmartcontrol_0.8.4-2%7Ednjl0_i386.deb
> here's a tinyurl for it if the link is too long:
> http://tinyurl.com/gsmartcontrol-for-hardy
>
> This package is the newest version packaged, and is a simple backport from
> Karmic, meaning it was simply re-compiled specifically for hardy more or
> less
> by just changing the dependencies as needed for it to build.
>
> clay
>
> clay
>
> --
> kubuntu-users mailing list
> kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
>

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org