Old 11-22-2010, 03:42 AM
ray burke

Default gsmartcontrol for Kubuntu 8.04

can anyone help

I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing, so
looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I nned advise?

ray

Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Nils Kassube

ray burke wrote:
> I have downloaded gsmartcontrol deb app and tried to install on my k
> 8.04 but missing dependency libcairomm-1.01, after going thru
> google found itr and tried to install but again dependency missing,
> so looked in the linux forum and found a post about gsmartcontrol,
> saying missing libcairomm, but was stated from help from
> someone that it needed debian etch, but dont know wat this means, I
> nned advise?

Did you try to install libcairomm from the Ubuntu repository with your
favourite package manager? I can't say if it would work because I don't
have anything left of 8.04 - it is just an idea. And BTW: Kubuntu Hardy
is unsopported for quite some time already - maybe you should upgrade to
Lucid.

Nils