Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Mark Fraser

Default Kubuntu 10.10 Audex and ripping to ogg

I have just upgraded one of my computers to 10.10 and all seems ok apart from the fact that I can't use Audex to rip CDs to ogg any more.

I've done a search and it seems that the upgrade of vorbis-tools, as shown in this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audex/+bug/668682.

As I can't seem to find a pre-compiled package for Audex with this patch I am trying to compile from source. This isn't going too well - not helped by the fact that the website seems to have gone - and I can't find instructions for how to complile it and what other packages I need.

Can anyone help?