Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 AM
David Wonderly

Default A challenge for to the users

Hey guys,

As I skim through here I see LOADS of great exchanges of information. I also
see a lot of people spending the time to talk through things. Here is what I
am kinda looking for. If you have ever wanted to get more involved helping
Kubuntu build and better itself I have a challenge for you all.

I am looking for some help in building not only our system docs but, also
putting together a help.kubuntu.org website. If you would like to help write
simple how-to pages much in the same way you help people in here please
contact me and I will help you get started and point you in the right
direction.

Also, if you enjoy the more in depth programming side of things in Qt or for
Kubuntu in general and would like to volunteer for some projects for the
upcoming 11.04 Natty Narwhal release please contact me and I will put you in
contact with one of our developers that are looking to teach and train people
in the art of Kubuntu.

There is a third part to this as well. I am looking to reach Kubuntu Users in
LoCos so that we may build Kubuntu ideas, projects and things to do within the
LoCos to help us Kubuntu and KDE users feel more involved with projects going
on.

If any of these things interest you please reply to this and contact me. I am
looking forward to working with many of you in the weeks and months to come!

Dave Wonderly
DarkwingDuck in #kubuntu on chat.freenode.net

Old 11-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Clay Weber

On Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:02:05 am David Wonderly wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> As I skim through here I see LOADS of great exchanges of information. I
> also see a lot of people spending the time to talk through things. Here is
> what I am kinda looking for. If you have ever wanted to get more involved
> helping Kubuntu build and better itself I have a challenge for you all.
>
> I am looking for some help in building not only our system docs but, also
> putting together a help.kubuntu.org website. If you would like to help
> write simple how-to pages much in the same way you help people in here
> please contact me and I will help you get started and point you in the
> right direction.
>
> Also, if you enjoy the more in depth programming side of things in Qt or
> for Kubuntu in general and would like to volunteer for some projects for
> the upcoming 11.04 Natty Narwhal release please contact me and I will put
> you in contact with one of our developers that are looking to teach and
> train people in the art of Kubuntu.
>
> There is a third part to this as well. I am looking to reach Kubuntu Users
> in LoCos so that we may build Kubuntu ideas, projects and things to do
> within the LoCos to help us Kubuntu and KDE users feel more involved with
> projects going on.
>
> If any of these things interest you please reply to this and contact me. I
> am looking forward to working with many of you in the weeks and months to
> come!
>
> Dave Wonderly
> DarkwingDuck in #kubuntu on chat.freenode.net

I am all for help.kubuntu.org ! I already do some wiki work at times, but to
be honest is quite cumbersome for me both in terms of creating/editing and
finding useful info. Would it be a drupal type of site (ie easier to create and
edit)? Still, even if it is a separate wiki, it would presumably have a more
set focus. Either way I think it would encourage more user input.

Clay Weber
(claydoh on freenode)