Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
user1

Default kmail crashes each time I try to open a mail

I am using 10.10 - I have installed both gnome, kde and netbook and I am
using netbook/unity

Everything worked very well, but now kmail does not work good any longer.

Each time I try to open a mail kmail crashes.
Now I am using Evolution.

It says Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault)

###

Here is the only crash report I could get:

Application: kmail (1.13.5)
KDE Platform Version: 4.5.1 (KDE 4.5.1)
Qt Version: 4.7.0
Operating System: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic i686

-- Information about the crash:
<In detail, tell us what you were doing when the application crashed.>

The crash can be reproduced every time.

-- Backtrace:
A useful backtrace could not be generated

Report to https://bugs.kde.org

###

I have rebooted and tried several times but it crashes each time.

I had to stop using kmail also in 10.04 because it did not work properly.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Michael Hirsch

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM, user1 <bqz69@telia.com> wrote:
> I am using 10.10 - I have installed both gnome, kde and netbook and I am
> using netbook/unity
>
> Everything worked very well, but now kmail does not work good any longer.
>
> Each time I try to open a mail kmail crashes.
> Now I am using Evolution.
>
> It says Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault)

this has happened to me. It always ends up that there is some email
message in my inbox that makes kmail choke. I've fixed it my editing
the inbox in emacs and removing emails from it until kmail succeeds.

Sometimes I've moved all my email to another directory, and moved it
back in one folder at a time until I found the culprit, then I would
try to find the problem message.

Good luck,

Michael

Wed Nov 17 22:30:01 2010