Old 11-08-2010, 01:19 PM
gene heskett

Default A word to the wise advice here

Greetings;

If tar-1.2.4 is offered via the *buntu repos, I recommend it not be
automatically installed, my amanda run was badly broken last night.
Tar-1.25 is out, and the bug-tar list is now trying to clean it up as not
all of 1.24's breakage was addressed by 1.25. Give it at least 2-3 weeks
to settle before accepting an upgrade of tar if you are a regular backup
using tar user.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)