-   -   Minimal systems (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/44556-minimal-systems.html)

Gary Thomas 02-01-2008 11:23 AM

Minimal systems

I'm am trying to build the most minimal system possible.
My first attempt (via kickstart) lists these packages:

%packages
@base
-selinux-policy
-selinux-policy-targeted
-selinux-policy-mls
%end

Despite this, I *still* end up with selinux-policy and
selinux-policy-targeted installed. Why? Nothing that
was installed requires them, so how/why did they end up
in the list of packages?

James Laska 02-01-2008 11:30 AM

Minimal systems

Greetings,

Try ...

%packages --nobase
%end

You'll likely end up with a useless system, so you'll need to manually
add in packages (or smaller comps groups) that you want installed.

Thanks,
James

Gary Thomas 02-01-2008 12:40 PM

Minimal systems

James Laska wrote:

Greetings,

Try ...

%packages --nobase
%end

You'll likely end up with a useless system, so you'll need to manually
add in packages (or smaller comps groups) that you want installed.

No joy :-( I just tried:

%packages --nobase
kernel
-selinux-policy
-selinux-policy-targeted
%end

I *still* got both selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted
installed, even though they are explicitly excluded. There
were also some 146 other packages... (is this truly minimal??)

I had this working with anaconda-11.4.0.21. I'm now running 11.4.0.28.
I can't see anything that changed in the sources to account for this.