Old 01-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Nigel Ridley

Default OT: Removal of Ogg Vorbis and Theora from HTML5

I know this is OT (but it has more to do with Linux, Kubuntu and Open
Source than the last OT about the Bible):

Nokia and Apple have privately pushed to give Ogg the noose treatment
(and so
far succeeded) in HTML5. This destroyed all hope of having free (as in
freedom) media embedded in HTML5 in an interoperable way.

http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/12/11/removal-of-ogg-vorbis-and-theora-from-html5-an-outrageous-disaster/

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Use free standards"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lortow3/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Let's fight for our future....

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Gene Heskett

On Monday 21 January 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>I know this is OT (but it has more to do with Linux, Kubuntu and Open
>Source than the last OT about the Bible):
>
>Nokia and Apple have privately pushed to give Ogg the noose treatment
>(and so
>far succeeded) in HTML5. This destroyed all hope of having free (as in
>freedom) media embedded in HTML5 in an interoperable way.
>
>http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/12/11/removal-of-ogg-vorbis-and-theora-from-
>html5-an-outrageous-disaster/
>
>I have just read and signed the online petition:
>
> "Use free standards"
>
>hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
>service, at:
>
> http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lortow3/
>
>I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
>agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
>signing yourself.
>
>Let's fight for our future....
>
>Blessings,
>
>Nigel

Signed.

>--
>OliveRoot Ministries
>http://www.oliveroot.net/
>
>PrayingForIsrael.net
>http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Sylviane et Perry White

On Monday 21 January 2008 07:26, Nigel Ridley wrote:
(snip)
> I have just read and signed the online petition:
>
> "Use free standards"
Just for info, I got that today in my mail from SIUG (swiss internet user
group : siug-discuss@siug.ch), so that petition has perhaps already gained
some momentum.

> hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
> service, at:
>
> http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lortow3/
>
> I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
> agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
> signing yourself.
>
> Let's fight for our future....
(snip)

Greetings Perry