-   -   OT: Removal of Ogg Vorbis and Theora from HTML5 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/42840-ot-removal-ogg-vorbis-theora-html5.html)

Nigel Ridley 01-21-2008 05:26 AM

OT: Removal of Ogg Vorbis and Theora from HTML5

I know this is OT (but it has more to do with Linux, Kubuntu and Open
Source than the last OT about the Bible):

Nokia and Apple have privately pushed to give Ogg the noose treatment
(and so
far succeeded) in HTML5. This destroyed all hope of having free (as in
freedom) media embedded in HTML5 in an interoperable way.

http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/12/11/removal-of-ogg-vorbis-and-theora-from-html5-an-outrageous-disaster/

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Use free standards"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lortow3/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.

Let's fight for our future....

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Gene Heskett 01-21-2008 10:23 AM

On Monday 21 January 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>I know this is OT (but it has more to do with Linux, Kubuntu and Open
>Source than the last OT about the Bible):
>
>Nokia and Apple have privately pushed to give Ogg the noose treatment
>(and so
>far succeeded) in HTML5. This destroyed all hope of having free (as in
>freedom) media embedded in HTML5 in an interoperable way.
>
>http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/12/11/removal-of-ogg-vorbis-and-theora-from-
>html5-an-outrageous-disaster/
>
>I have just read and signed the online petition:
>
> "Use free standards"
>
>hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
>service, at:
>
> http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lortow3/
>
>I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
>agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
>signing yourself.
>
>Let's fight for our future....
>
>Blessings,
>
>Nigel

Signed.

>--
>OliveRoot Ministries
>http://www.oliveroot.net/
>
>PrayingForIsrael.net
>http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Sylviane et Perry White 01-21-2008 05:44 PM

OT: Removal of Ogg Vorbis and Theora from HTML5

On Monday 21 January 2008 07:26, Nigel Ridley wrote:
(snip)
> I have just read and signed the online petition:
>
> "Use free standards"
Just for info, I got that today in my mail from SIUG (swiss internet user
group : siug-discuss@siug.ch), so that petition has perhaps already gained
some momentum.

> hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
> service, at:
>
> http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lortow3/
>
> I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
> agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
> signing yourself.
>
> Let's fight for our future....
(snip)

Greetings Perry