Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
"Andrew Jarrett"

Default OT - Understanding "The Bible"

On 1/21/08, Brad De Vries <devriesbj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Billie, it's clear that you are simply trolling here and I won't bite
> but I will simply say that you are in my prayers.

Response to Troll = Bite. I hate to break it you, but you bit. Then
again, his message really wasn't a troll; it is just offtopic (judging
from the string "OT" in the subject header).

> I pray that the Holy Spirit will soften your heart so that you can
> feel the love, compassion, and forgiveness from the One who created
> you. I also pray that you'll find the rest you're seeking in the
> loving arms of God the Father.
>
> Brad.

You sound like a preacher-in-a-can (most people call them
"televangelists"). Telling someone "you'll be in my prayers" when
they have a different viewpoint than you makes you really come off
sounding self-righteous and kind of like, well, a jackass. For
example:
--------
[Scene: Kubuntu mailing list. A full moon eerily glows as Andrew,
hunched over his keyboard, responds to an email.]
On March 32, 1594 Brad said:
>Vi is so totally better than suckmacs.

Brad, you'll be in my prayers. I pray that RMS will turn your eyes
upon the error of your ways and bring you into his cushy and
rainbow-colored Lisp Land to make your cold, sinful heart holy. I
weep tears of blood every night that your dark soul may come clean
again...

Andrew

See!? That was exaggerated, but I sounded like a complete jackass!

Andrew

P.S. I'm just being honest (something your religion would probably encourage).

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2

Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
"girardhenri@free.fr"

good answer

Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Jesus Arocho

On Sunday 20 January 2008 15:40:07 Mike Shaw wrote:
> ROFL
>
> On Jan 20, 2008 2:08 PM, Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>
>
> wrote:
> > On Sunday 20 January 2008 10:55:14 Billie Walsh wrote:
> > > Probably going to make a few enemies here.
> > >
> > > First. Contrary to what some people believe, the Bible was not written
> > > by God. He did not sit down at his royal typewriter and pound it out.
> > > The Bible is very much a work of man. Different books were chosen for
> > > inclusion or exclusion by how certain people felt they were relevant.
> >
> > ...etc...
> >
> > I think the most pertinent question here is, "What does the Bible say
> > about
> > Linux and Kubuntu?"
> >
> > The answer is found in the last chapter of Exodus, wherein we find the
> > following:
> >
> > And behold, Erijabahanibar did speak unto the Israelites and he did give
> > unto
> > them a new commandment which was that thou shalt not talk about thy gods
> > in
> > an electronic mailing list dedicated to open source technologies, unless
> > thy
> > god be Linux Torvalds, Mark Shuttleworth.... and so on. Ramen. (Exodus
> > 45:1-3, 9 - FSMV)
> >
> > Powerful words, and still applicable even today, whatever your faith.
> >

> > --
> > Richard S. Crawford
> > Editor-in-chief, Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)
> > Personal website: http://www.mossroot.com
> >

> > --

Hear, hear!!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:29 AM
"Chris Miller"

On Jan 20, 2008 10:55 AM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh@swbell.net> wrote:
> Probably going to make a few enemies here.
>
> First. Contrary to what some people believe, the Bible was not written
> by God. He did not sit down at his royal typewriter and pound it out.

Amos 3:7 (KJV)

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495
http://profile.xfire.com/mrstalinman | John 3:16!