Old 01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
"Eduardo P. Román O."

Default KDE 4

Folks

Really I wating for some new, not somthing same WinVista, that's Stinks.

--
Saludos Cordiales

Eduardo P. Román O.
Ingeniero en informática
User #298254 http://counter.li.org.
Epro Software

CONFIDENCIALIDAD: La información contenida en este mensaje y/o en los archivos
adjuntos es de carácter confidencial o privilegiada y está destinada al uso
exclusivo del emisor y/o de la persona o entidad a quien va dirigida. Si
usted no es el destinatario, cualquier almacenamiento, divulgación,
distribución o copia de esta información está estrictamente prohibido y
sancionado por la ley. Si recibió este mensaje por error, por favor
infórmenos inmediatamente respondiendo este mismo mensaje y borre todos los
archivos adjuntos. Gracias.
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: The information transmitted in this message and/or
attachments is confidential and/or privileged and is intented only for use of
the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, any retention,dissemination, distribution or copy of this
information is strictly prohibited and sanctioned by law. If you received
this messagge in error, please reply us this same message and delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:37 PM
"Andrew Jarrett"

On 1/20/08, Eduardo P. Román O. <eprosoft@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks
>
> Really I wating for some new, not somthing same WinVista, that's Stinks.

Are you unable to customize KDE4 to your satisfaction? I haven't had
time to play around with KDE4 yet, but it seems like you should be
able to customize pretty much everything just like in KDE3. Unless
they haven't implemented all of the customization stuff yet...

Andrew

P.S. It is impossible for developers to develop a default theme that
pleases everyone. Either you should spend some time customizing it to
your liking or you should find a different window manager that has a
default theme that suits you better.

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2

Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM
"Kjetil Halvorsen"

Hola!

Finally I have the RC running, with kde 4, and is VERY disappointed. Earlier, kde was better than gnome at least because the screen was light and easy to read.
Now, with kde 4, I need new lenses to be able to read the screen! What can I do to get back to the look & feel from kde 3?

Kjetil
--
"Perhaps there is no such thing as unilateral power. After all, the man 'in power' depends on receiving information all the time from outside. He responds to that information just as much as he 'causes' things to happen...it is an interaction, and not a lineal situation. But the myth of power is, of course, a very powerful myth, and probably most people in this world more or less believe in it. It is a myth, which, if everybody believes in it, becomes to that extent self-validating. But it is still epistemological lunacy and leads inevitably to various sorts of disaster."

Old 10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
"Kjetil Halvorsen"

This wasn't a joke! The new lenses are waiting at the opticisn now and I am soon going to pick them up. But I really want a solution that works with my old lenses too!

Kjetil

* * * * * * * * -- Gregory Bateson

Old 10-27-2008, 12:12 PM
en0f

Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
> Hola!
>
> Finally I have the RC running, with kde 4, and is VERY disappointed.
> Earlier, kde was better than gnome at least because the screen was light and
> easy to read.
> Now, with kde 4, I need new lenses to be able to read the screen! What can I
> do to get back to the look & feel from kde 3?

Menu > System Settings > Display

--
en0f

Old 10-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Knapp

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 2:12 PM, en0f <en0f@bokey.mine.nu> wrote:
> Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
>> Hola!
>>
>> Finally I have the RC running, with kde 4, and is VERY disappointed.
>> Earlier, kde was better than gnome at least because the screen was light and
>> easy to read.
>> Now, with kde 4, I need new lenses to be able to read the screen! What can I
>> do to get back to the look & feel from kde 3?
>
> Menu > System Settings > Display
>
> --
> en0f

Many times on an update my computer has switch from the Nvidia drivers
to the nv driver and everything gets really blurry. Also has the
resolution setting for the screen changed? A last think to check is
the way the fonts are rendered. I don't know much about that but the
setting is in there somewhere.

Good luck!

--
Douglas E Knapp

Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
"Kjetil Halvorsen"

Thanks. I am trying, but cannot find anything to change to a better background. I will try more.
But I got my new lenses;!

A totally unrelated problem with the upgrade: each time i log in (or only change from kde to gnome or vice versa),

the "network settings" forget about the DNS, I must type in that number again, and again, and again.
The rest of the network settings are remembered! any ideas?

Kjetil

Old 10-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Paul S

Kjetil Halvorsen said the following on 10/27/2008 09:01 AM:
> Finally I have the RC running, with kde 4, and is VERY disappointed.
> Earlier, kde was better than gnome at least because the screen was light
> and easy to read.
> Now, with kde 4, I need new lenses to be able to read the screen! What
> can I do to get back to the look & feel from kde 3?

Same problem here with fonts on firefox and t'bird. I can't find a fix,
so am trying gnome instead. Let us know if you find a fix, and I'll try
it here too.

regards,

Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Leonard Chatagnier

> Kjetil Halvorsen said the following on 10/27/2008 09:01 AM:
> > Finally I have the RC running, with kde 4, and is VERY
> disappointed.
> > Earlier, kde was better than gnome at least because
> the screen was light
> > and easy to read.
> > Now, with kde 4, I need new lenses to be able to read
> the screen! What
> > can I do to get back to the look & feel from kde
> 3?
>
> Same problem here with fonts on firefox and t'bird. I
> can't find a fix,
> so am trying gnome instead. Let us know if you find a fix,
> and I'll try
> it here too.
>
> regards,

Sorry you guys are having trouble with kde4 on Intrepid(RC means that I think). I'm still on Hardy and love ked4, up to date. The eye candy is much better than gnome or kde IMHO. I'm not having any font problems but don't really have a need of them and usually use arial or what's available from the default install. With my eyes, I just use CTRL ++ a lot.- Sorry, that I can't give any help, but perhaps you could fall back to Hardy or wait for the updates in Intrepid. I did have some issues with nvidia restricted drivers, mostly of my own doing and not knowing, but now everything seems to be lined out. Good luck in whatever you decide but hope you and others pick up on kde4 so we can compare issues, etc.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Dean Chester

Hi
does any one know where i can install KDE4 from its not in sid and in
experimental its missing KDEbase so it can't install. I want to run it
to compare it to GNOME as ive have been using gnome since August and
cannot get used to it(i migrated from OS X btw) so i want to try KDE
and KDE 4 is nice apparently.
Thanks in Advance
Dean