-   -   3.5 still the supported option KDE 4.0.0! (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/41971-3-5-still-supported-option-kde-4-0-0-a.html)

Jonathan Riddell 01-19-2008 10:53 PM

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 12:01:10PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> If Kubuntu should be a bleeding-edge distro (as is now planned) then
> it is not suitable for everyday use.

That is not the case. A KDE 4 CD will be available for early adopters
but the KDE 3 CD will be the stable, commercially supported option and
remains the default for upgrades.

Jonathan

"O. Sinclair" 01-21-2008 07:30 AM

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 12:01:10PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> If Kubuntu should be a bleeding-edge distro (as is now planned) then
>> it is not suitable for everyday use.
>
> That is not the case. A KDE 4 CD will be available for early adopters
> but the KDE 3 CD will be the stable, commercially supported option and
> remains the default for upgrades.
>
> Jonathan

In which case I rest my case. Thanks for clearing that issue Jonathan,
as you can see it has got a number of threads started.

Sinclair