Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Gene Heskett

Default Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: firefox 3.6.6 in Kubuntu 8.04

On Friday, August 13, 2010 05:15:34 pm Alan Dacey Sr. did opine:

> Just a question. Are you asking how many addresses firefox will show in
> total or how many you see on your screen when you start typing?
> If you use the arrow keys on your keyboard, it will scroll down through
> the list of links it remembers. Firefox doesn't show all 20 of them,
> just the first couple of them.

I didn't know that, thanks. By resetting it to 20, I can now click on the
down arrow at the right end of the address bar, and see 20 of the sites I
visit, apparently sorted by popularity.

However, if I start typing, it only suggests 6, which I assume are limited
to what I have started to type. That might be a different variable to
control that.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 08-14-2010, 02:23 AM
ray burke

On 8/14/10, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, August 13, 2010 05:15:34 pm Alan Dacey Sr. did opine:
>

> > Just a question. Are you asking how many addresses firefox will show in
> > total or how many you see on your screen when you start typing?
> > If you use the arrow keys on your keyboard, it will scroll down through
> > the list of links it remembers. Firefox doesn't show all 20 of them,
> > just the first couple of them.
>

> I didn't know that, thanks. By resetting it to 20, I can now click on the
> down arrow at the right end of the address bar, and see 20 of the sites I
> visit, apparently sorted by popularity.
>
> However, if I start typing, it only suggests 6, which I assume are limited
> to what I have started to type. That might be a different variable to
> control that.
>
> --
>
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>
> Most places distinguish them merely by using the appropriate value.
> Hooray for context...
> -- Larry Wall in <199708040319.UAA16213@wall.org>

Gene,

I have configured ff as per instructions for-
"browser.urlbar.maxRichResults;20" but still when I click on the down
arrow in the
address bar it still only shows 4 addresses, what you think could be
the matter?

ray

Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 PM
I am me

On 14 August 2010 07:53, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have configured ff as per instructions for-
> "browser.urlbar.maxRichResults;20" but still when I click on the down
> arrow in the
> address *bar it still only shows 4 addresses, *what you think could be
> the matter?
>
> ray

Hhmmm ...

OK.
Let me see if I could find more information about this, I will reply
to the list if I do.

--
/**
* & RU Chelladurai d*_*b

Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
ray burke

On 8/24/10, I am me <theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 August 2010 07:53, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have configured ff as per instructions for-
> > "browser.urlbar.maxRichResults;20" but still when I click on the down
> > arrow in the
> > address bar it still only shows 4 addresses, what you think could be
> > the matter?
> >
> > ray
> >

> Hhmmm ...
>
> OK.
> Let me see if I could find more information about this, I will reply
> to the list if I do.
>
> --
> /**
> * & RU Chelladurai d*_*b
> */

I adept-manager firefox 3.6.8 updated, but still only able to click 4
addresses in address bar,

So Within the firefox about config window-

under " extensions.smarterwiki.num_urlbar_from_history;4" tag it
showed only 4 which when firefox 3.6.8 started
it only showed 4 addresses in the address bar!
so I modify it to read
"extensions.smarterwiki.num_urlbar_from_history;20 " and now shows 20
addresses in the address bar,
so I believe that I have found the correct tag to fix the problem?

ray

Old 09-02-2010, 05:30 AM
I am me

On 1 September 2010 02:25, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
> I adept-manager firefox 3.6.8 updated, but still only able to click 4
> addresses in address bar,
>
> So Within the firefox about config window-
>
> under " extensions.smarterwiki.num_urlbar_from_history;4" tag it
> showed only 4 which when firefox 3.6.8 started
> it only showed 4 addresses in the address bar!
> so I modify it to read
> "extensions.smarterwiki.num_urlbar_from_history;20 " and now shows 20
> addresses in the address bar,
> so I believe that I have found the correct tag to fix the problem?
>
> ray

Hey Ray,

Good to know that your issue is now solved.
However I noticed that I don't have that Key in my config,
Also seems that the key is an extension / add-on to firefox

Anyways all is well that ends well,
Have a good day now, Cheers
--
& RU d*_*b

Old 09-03-2010, 05:36 AM
ray burke

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM, I am me <theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 02:25, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I adept-manager firefox 3.6.8 updated, but still only able to click 4
>> addresses in address bar,
>>
>> So Within the firefox about config window-
>>
>> under " extensions.smarterwiki.num_urlbar_from_history;4" tag it
>> showed only 4 which when firefox 3.6.8 started
>> it only showed 4 addresses in the address bar!
>> so I modify it to read
>> "extensions.smarterwiki.num_urlbar_from_history;20 " and now shows 20
>> addresses in the address bar,
>> so I believe that I have found the correct tag to fix the problem?
>>
>> ray
>>

> Hey Ray,
>
> Good to know that your issue is now solved.
> However I noticed that I don't have that Key in my config,
> Also seems that the key is an extension / add-on to firefox
>
> Anyways all is well that ends well,
> Have a good day now, Cheers
> --
> *& RU *d*_*b

I am not surte about the key, but I think that you should be able to
create your own?

ray

Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 AM
I am me

On 3 September 2010 11:06, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not surte about the key, but I think that you should be able to
> create your own?

Yes you can, context click on any Key in about:config > New > ...

--

& RU d*_*b