-   -   Video out to LCD (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/41226-video-out-lcd.html)

Jim 01-18-2008 10:30 PM

Video out to LCD

Dell Laptop , kubuntu-7.10 .

If I do a Fn-F8 on my laptop , to a external LCD at 1024x768, the
display is off to the left and not centered on Ext LCD.
Can't get ext LCD monitor to center desktop.
If I Fn-F8 again and bring display back to laptop the display is at a
very low resolution and spreads off both sides of laptops lcd display.
Have to restart X to get back to normal.
I have Fedora 8 on this Laptop and have no problems displaying to ext. LCD.
What settings do I change to get Kubuntu to work ?

Donn 01-19-2008 03:53 AM

Video out to LCD

> What settings do I change to get Kubuntu to work ?
Compare the /etc/X11/xorg.conf files from both systems. Be sure to backup your
kubuntu one before changing it...

"Thus the creationist's favourite question "What is the use of half an eye?"
Actually, this is a lightweight question, a doddle to answer. Half an eye is
just 1 per cent better than 49 per cent of an eye..."
-- Richard Dawkins

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Jim 01-21-2008 08:22 PM

Video out to LCD

Donn wrote:

What settings do I change to get Kubuntu to work ?

Compare the /etc/X11/xorg.conf files from both systems. Be sure to backup your
kubuntu one before changing it...

I have been working on it but with no results.
I changed the Sections Monitor, Screen, video Device , the same as
Fedora 8 that is working fine.

Below is my xorg.conf
# xorg.conf (xorg X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
# sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "wacom"
Identifier "stylus"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
Option "Type" "stylus"
Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "wacom"
Identifier "eraser"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
Option "Type" "eraser"
Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "wacom"
Identifier "cursor"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
Option "Type" "cursor"
Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
ModelName "LCD Panel 1024x768"
HorizSync 31.5 - 48.5
VertRefresh 40.0 - 70.0
Option "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor1"
VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
ModelName "LCD Panel 1024x768"
HorizSync 31.5 - 48.0
VertRefresh 56.0 - 65.0
Option "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "nv"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard1"
Driver "nv"
VendorName "Videocard Vendor"
BoardName "nVidia Corporation NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200 64M]"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
Screen 1
EndSection

Section "Screen"