-   -   Please try: Can you post to this blogspot.com blog? Konqueror or Firefox. My attempts don't work. ; jor KUbuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/411764-please-try-can-you-post-blogspot-com-blog-konqueror-firefox-my-attempts-dont-work-jor-kubuntu.html)

"giovanni_re" 08-12-2010 06:30 AM

Please try: Can you post to this blogspot.com blog? Konqueror or Firefox. My attempts don't work. ; jor KUbuntu

Sending this to the KU list mainly to see if anyone can have success
with using the Konqueror browser. I sent this yesterday to the Ubuntu
list, & there were mixed results, regarding just Firefox, which was all
I asked them about.

=
I've been unable to post a simple comment to these two blog posts:
http://linuxtweaking.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-compile-kernel-on-ubuntu-1004.html#comment-form
http://linuxtweaking.blogspot.com/2010/08/opensuse-113-best-binary-kde.html#comment-form

The latter is the latest post on that blog.

I'm using the latest Firefox direct from Mozilla, 3.6.8, with no addon
extensions, javascript on, & almost no changes to the preferences.
Running in a separate instance with:
./firefox -no-remote -P myprofilename

Running on KUbuntu 10.4 64 bit, recently updated, on an AMD 4 core
PhenomII.

=
The functionality works for the
"Comment as 'Select Profile'"
That pops up a window that let's me type in my name.

When I press on only "Post Comment", if I haven't selected a
"Profile"/name, it prompts me to. Then, when I've done that, it does a
page reload, but my comment isn't posted.

The "Preview" fails to preview, & reloads the page with no posted
comment.

I'm interested in people trying the "anonymous" posting - ie, not
through having some service (facebook, google) give a log in, because
that is the "keep it simple" way I am trying to do the post there.

=
I have to set the Firefox "about:config" "firefox"
browser to an empty string (just delete the setting) for my firefox to
work through my ISP: MetroPCS cell phone company.

Seems unlikely, but maybe blogspot is trying to do something specific
with the particular type of browser, & no browser name is confusing it.

=
I tried KDE's Konquorer browser, javascript global enabled, cookies on
for the site:
1) The "comment as" (profile select) button is grey & doesn't do
anything.
2) When I try to post comment, or preview, it says "please choose a
profile".

=
Some months ago, someone here checked the laughingsquid.com site, &
found http spec compliance problems. Is that kind of check doable on
the blogspot page? Maybe their javascript, or something, isn't
compatible with what FF expects?

=
On the Ubuntu users list, some report failure, some success. No
definitive answer yet.

=
Any idea if this is a fail at the blogspot end, or at my end? All
suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

== Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture