Old 01-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Lisi Reisz

Default Sharing Firefox profiles between Windows and Kubuntu

Hello, all!

I am trying to share Firefox profiles between Gutsy and XP Pro and have
created a separate FAT32 partition that both OSs can see.

I have googled and searched the archives and found three sets of directions.
None worked. It is not my box, and I think it possible that the owner has
done something weird and wonderful to his XP installation.

Be that as it may, the files I was supposed to be moving/linking to in XP were
simply not where the directions said that they would be. In fact, the
folders they were said to be in did not exist. I did use "find" and moved
the Profiles file that was all I could find, but that had no effect at all.
It didn't even break anything, in spite of the absence of links.

Has anyone actually done this recently? If so, how?

Failing that, how do I transfer Firefox profiles from XP to Gutsy? "Import"
does not offer browse as an option, merely tells me that it can't find any IE
files :-( .

TIA
Lisi