Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Steve Morris

Default Adobe Reader licensing

Hi,
I have been having ongoing debates with Mandriva around their claim
that it is a violation of Adobe's license agreement to make Acrobat
Reader available from repositories on their mirrors. Is there anywhere,
where I can find the Ubuntu/Canonical license agreement that would
demonstrate that Ubuntu is not in violation of the license agreement
they are quoting by providing it on the Partner repository, and hence
demonstrate to them that they could do the same thing?

regards,
Steve

Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 PM
"Ole-Erik Yrvin"

Steve

Thank you for your very interesting question..even for us up in EEA/EU-
coutries.

For supporting your worry see the appended
- print screen: black page at Youtube (sound but no image) always coming up
either in Kubuntu nor forefox. Everything updated for KDE 4.4.2
- yesterdats service flashplayer update , installed as expected does not
deliver..

Why all this adobe detours coming again and again?

Ole-Erik Yrvin
(nearly 68 and always a newbie)

Adobe Reader licensing
I have been having ongoing debates with Mandriva around their claim
that it is a violation of Adobe's license agreement to make Acrobat
Reader available from repositories on their mirrors. Is there anywhere,
where I can find the Ubuntu/Canonical license agreement that would
demonstrate that Ubuntu is not in violation of the license agreement
they are quoting by providing it on the Partner repository, and hence
demonstrate to them that they could do the same thing?

regards,
Steve

Vedlagt visittkort
Steve Morris

E-post samorris@netspace.net.au
[Legg til denne kontakten i adresseboka]

Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Jonathan Riddell

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 06:31:27AM +1000, Steve Morris wrote:
> I have been having ongoing debates with Mandriva around their claim
> that it is a violation of Adobe's license agreement to make Acrobat
> Reader available from repositories on their mirrors. Is there anywhere,
> where I can find the Ubuntu/Canonical license agreement that would
> demonstrate that Ubuntu is not in violation of the license agreement
> they are quoting by providing it on the Partner repository, and hence
> demonstrate to them that they could do the same thing?

This will be a commercial contact between Canonical and Adobe. The
terms won't be publically available.

Jonathan