Old 08-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Errol Sapir

Default minimize vanishes

When minimizing any open program the program disappears instead of
appearing on the panel for re-opening as they used to. There is no way
of restoring them to be viewed although I know they're open. I'm sure
there is some setting that I have messed up but cannot find it :-[ ,
Would appreciate help.
Errol

Old 08-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Basil Chupin

On 11/08/2010 12:56, Errol Sapir wrote:
> When minimizing any open program the program disappears instead of
> appearing on the panel for re-opening as they used to. There is no way
> of restoring them to be viewed although I know they're open. I'm sure
> there is some setting that I have messed up but cannot find it :-[ ,
> Would appreciate help.
> Errol

ALT-TAB should at least bring the app up for you - then you can looking
for how to bring the missing widget back to the panel :-) .

BC

--
Don't resent getting old - a great many are denied the privelege.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM

> When minimizing any open program the program disappears instead of
> appearing on the panel for re-opening as they used to. There is no way
> of restoring them to be viewed although I know they're open. I'm sure
> there is some setting that I have messed up but cannot find it :-[ ,
> Would appreciate help.
> Errol
>
> --

Check to make sure that your bottom panel has a taskbar (Task Manager
widget) - right-click on the panel, if you don't see "task manager
settings" then you need to add one by going into "panel options" then
select "add widgets".

Clay

Old 08-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Errol Sapir

On 08/11/2010 03:50 PM, claydoh@claydoh.com wrote:
>> When minimizing any open program the program disappears instead of
>> appearing on the panel for re-opening as they used to. There is no way
>> of restoring them to be viewed although I know they're open. I'm sure
>> there is some setting that I have messed up but cannot find it :-[ ,
>> Would appreciate help.
>> Errol
>>
>> --
>>
> Check to make sure that your bottom panel has a taskbar (Task Manager
> widget) - right-click on the panel, if you don't see "task manager
> settings" then you need to add one by going into "panel options" then
> select "add widgets".
>
> Clay

Thanks Clay
That did the trick.