-   -   Calling kontact/kmail when I click on a Firefox mailto link... (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/411188-calling-kontact-kmail-when-i-click-firefox-mailto-link.html)

Jerry Lapham 08-10-2010 11:40 PM

On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 07:13:04 pm you wrote:

> Anybody run into this before now? Any ideas would be much appreciated so
> that kmail opens automatically when I click a mailto link.

Go to Edit ->Preferences->Applications and scroll down to mailto. If Use KDE
or kmail isn't an option and there is a place to type one in, just type in
kmail.

-Jerry
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH 45050
rjlapham@gmail.com

Brian Lunergan 08-11-2010 02:18 AM

On August 10, 2010 19:40:55 Jerry Lapham wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 07:13:04 pm you wrote:
> > Anybody run into this before now? Any ideas would be much appreciated so
> > that kmail opens automatically when I click a mailto link.
>
> Go to Edit ->Preferences->Applications and scroll down to mailto. If Use
> KDE or kmail isn't an option and there is a place to type one in, just type
> in kmail.

Jerry:

Interesting thought, but I already tried that route and hit the roadblock
previously mentioned. Beside the mailto to entry is a list box offering:

* always ask
* use evolution
* use gmail
* use yahoo
* use other...

Picking the use other option opens up a box titled Select Helper Application and
that's where I get stuck. No apparent search feature, and I have no clue what
to look for in the way of a location or file name to hook up with kmail.

Sooo... The input is appreciated, but I'm afraid we're still stuck on square
one.

TTYL...
--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

Clay Weber 08-11-2010 02:41 AM

On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:18:05 pm Brian Lunergan wrote:
> On August 10, 2010 19:40:55 Jerry Lapham wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 07:13:04 pm you wrote:
> > > Anybody run into this before now? Any ideas would be much appreciated
> > > so that kmail opens automatically when I click a mailto link.
> >
> > Go to Edit ->Preferences->Applications and scroll down to mailto. If Use
> > KDE or kmail isn't an option and there is a place to type one in, just
> > type in kmail.
>
> Jerry:
>
> Interesting thought, but I already tried that route and hit the roadblock
> previously mentioned. Beside the mailto to entry is a list box offering:
>
> * always ask
> * use evolution
> * use gmail
> * use yahoo
> * use other...
>
> Picking the use other option opens up a box titled Select Helper
> Application and that's where I get stuck. No apparent search feature, and
> I have no clue what to look for in the way of a location or file name to
> hook up with kmail.
>
> Sooo... The input is appreciated, but I'm afraid we're still stuck on
> square one.
>
> TTYL...

Use the file picker to browse to '/usr/bin/kmail' - start by clicking on 'File
System' button

clay

Clay Weber 08-11-2010 02:48 AM

On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:41:36 pm Clay Weber wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:18:05 pm Brian Lunergan wrote:
> > >
> > > Go to Edit ->Preferences->Applications and scroll down to mailto. If
> > > Use KDE or kmail isn't an option and there is a place to type one in,
> > > just type in kmail.
> >
> > Jerry:
> >
> > Interesting thought, but I already tried that route and hit the roadblock
> > previously mentioned. Beside the mailto to entry is a list box offering:
> >
> > * always ask
> > * use evolution
> > * use gmail
> > * use yahoo
> > * use other...
> >
> > Picking the use other option opens up a box titled Select Helper
> > Application and that's where I get stuck. No apparent search feature, and
> > I have no clue what to look for in the way of a location or file name to
> > hook up with kmail.
> >
> > Sooo... The input is appreciated, but I'm afraid we're still stuck on
> > square one.
> >
> > TTYL...
>
> Use the file picker to browse to '/usr/bin/kmail' - start by clicking on
> 'File System' button
>

> clay

Oops! Select 'Other' first to get to the file picker

clay