Old 08-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Brian Wootton

Default Fwd: su passwd mangled

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:
su passwd mangled

Date:
Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:15:40 +0100

From:
Brian Wootton <Brian.Meg@btinternet.com>

To:
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Help, can anybody tell me how to reset my root password
without having to re-install the OS. I've had the same su
passwd for years and never change it, so I wonder how the
system managed to screw mine up.
brian

Ignore the above, the solution is too easy, admittedly I
had to kick my forgettory rather hard.
brian

Old 08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Doug

On 8/8/2010 6:15 AM, Brian Wootton wrote:

> [...]

Well, it wasn't obvious to you the first time round, so why not post the
answer?

--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M. Greeley