Old 08-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Brian Wootton

Default Unable install Adobe Flash Player using "./firefox -no-remote, -ProfileManager" ; jor

On 07/08/10 21:21, kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Firefox 3.6.8 on KUbuntu 10.4 64 bit.
>
> Running about 5 profiles at once.
>
> =
> It downloads, but then the browser says it was unable to install.
>
> I've got about 6 profiles set up. That is so that if one crashes, the
> others don't.
>
> I've got about 5 addon plugins installed - noscript, ghostery,
> flashblock, etc. I've checked their settings& don't see why flash
> won't install.

I have Firefox 3.6.8 on Kubuntu 10.4 64 bit and I have a working
flashplayer installed. Trouble is my memory is bad, I had a hell of a
game finding a version that would install and I don't remember where
I got the following , I 'think' that I finally just put the resultant
libflashplayer.so in "/home/$USER/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so",
but I'm sure there is a systemwide directory for it.

install_flash_player_10_linux.deb
libflashplayer-10.0.32.18.linux-x86_64.so.tar
libflashplayer.so

Sorry to be less than 100% on this - if you want a copy of the .so file I
can email it to you.
brian