Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 AM
ray burke

Default firefox 3.6.6 in Kubuntu 8.04

can anyone help for the below-

I have tried to get an asnwer from mozilla but nothing so this is why
I am asking
if you might know,
I have now installed firefox 3.6.6, since last week, and have noticed
that within the
addres bar when I click on the down arrow it only shows 4 addreses,
but before it
use to show about 15, but when I clear the current address showing in bar and
start typing the address I want it starts to shows all the addresses with that
alpha typing, do you know how I increase the number of addresses that
show with the address bar?

ray

Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Basil Chupin

On 08/08/2010 16:16, ray burke wrote:
> can anyone help for the below-
>
> I have tried to get an asnwer from mozilla but nothing so this is why
> I am asking
> if you might know,
> I have now installed firefox 3.6.6, since last week, and have noticed
> that within the
> addres bar when I click on the down arrow it only shows 4 addreses,
> but before it
> use to show about 15, but when I clear the current address showing in bar and
> start typing the address I want it starts to shows all the addresses with that
> alpha typing, do you know how I increase the number of addresses that
> show with the address bar?
>
> ray

I am unable to provide the answer to your question, but I think that you
ought to know that Firefox is now at version 3.6.8 and the reason for
this is that FF had some pretty serious security issues which were fixed
in 3.6.7 and then 3.6.8. I would suggest that you upgrade to the latest
for this reason alone (it may even solve your problem re the address bar
- don't know, because I don't use this facility).

BC

--
If apathy is increasing where does it come from?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:34 AM
I Am Me

On Sunday 08 Aug 2010 11:46:28 am ray burke wrote:
> can anyone help for the below-
>
> I have tried to get an asnwer from mozilla but nothing so this is why
> I am asking
> if you might know,
> I have now installed firefox 3.6.6, since last week, and have noticed
> that within the
> addres bar when I click on the down arrow it only shows 4 addreses,
> but before it
> use to show about 15, but when I clear the current address showing in bar
> and start typing the address I want it starts to shows all the addresses
> with that alpha typing, do you know how I increase the number of addresses
> that show with the address bar?
>
> ray

I am not sure of this, but give this a try

Type auto:config in the address bar of FF, you may have to accept a warning dialog when you do this
In the search bar below, type urlbar and look for the key browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
Double click on it to change its value

--
& RU Chelladurai d*_*b

Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Reinhold Rumberger

On Sunday 08 August 2010, I Am Me wrote:
> On Sunday 08 Aug 2010 11:46:28 am ray burke wrote:
> > can anyone help for the below-
> >
> > I have tried to get an asnwer from mozilla but nothing so this
> > is why I am asking
> > if you might know,
> > I have now installed firefox 3.6.6, since last week, and have
> > noticed that within the
> > addres bar when I click on the down arrow it only shows 4
> > addreses, but before it
> > use to show about 15, but when I clear the current address
> > showing in bar
>
> I am not sure of this, but give this a try
>
> Type auto:config

I'd assume you mean "about:config"?

--Reinhold

Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I Am Me

On Sunday 08 Aug 2010 1:43:36 pm Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> On Sunday 08 August 2010, I Am Me wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 Aug 2010 11:46:28 am ray burke wrote:
> > > can anyone help for the below-
> > >
> > > I have tried to get an asnwer from mozilla but nothing so this
> > > is why I am asking
> > > if you might know,
> > > I have now installed firefox 3.6.6, since last week, and have
> > > noticed that within the
> > > addres bar when I click on the down arrow it only shows 4
> > > addreses, but before it
> > > use to show about 15, but when I clear the current address
> > > showing in bar
> >
> > I am not sure of this, but give this a try
> >
> > Type auto:config
>
> I'd assume you mean "about:config"?
>
> --Reinhold

Yup, that's what I meant, thank you for correcting the typo .

--
& RU Chelladurai d*_*b

Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM
ray burke

On 8/8/10, I Am Me <theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 08 Aug 2010 11:46:28 am ray burke wrote:
> > can anyone help for the below-
> >
> > I have tried to get an asnwer from mozilla but nothing so this is why
> > I am asking
> > if you might know,
> > I have now installed firefox 3.6.6, since last week, and have noticed
> > that within the
> > addres bar when I click on the down arrow it only shows 4 addreses,
> > but before it
> > use to show about 15, but when I clear the current address showing in bar
> > and start typing the address I want it starts to shows all the addresses
> > with that alpha typing, do you know how I increase the number of addresses
> > that show with the address bar?
> >
> > ray
> >

> I am not sure of this, but give this a try
>
> Type auto:config in the address bar of FF, you may have to accept a warning dialog when you do this
> In the search bar below, type urlbar and look for the key browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
> Double click on it to change its value
>

> --
> & RU Chelladurai d*_*b

I have type in the address bar auto:configu but dont no where the
search bat below is to type in urlbar? please advise

ray

Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
ray burke

Old 09-05-2010, 03:47 AM
"BHASKAR SHARMA.N"

Go to google.com/chrome.. get the .deb pack install it as default..
You'll get the fastest browser and relief from all problems

On 9/3/10, I am me <theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 September 2010 11:06, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am not surte about the key, but I think that you should be able to
>> create your own?
>
> Yes you can, context click on any Key in about:config > New > ...
>
> --
>
> & RU d*_*b

-BHASKAR SHARMA.N

Old 09-05-2010, 05:25 AM
ray burke

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM, BHASKAR SHARMA.N
<bhaskarsharma.n@gmail.com> wrote:
> Go to google.com/chrome.. get the .deb pack install it as default..
> You'll get the fastest browser and relief from all problems
>
> On 9/3/10, I am me <theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3 September 2010 11:06, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am not surte about the key, but I think that you should be able to
>>> create your own?
>>
>> Yes you can, context click on any Key in about:config > New > ...
>>
>> --
>>
>> * & RU *d*_*b
>>
>> --

> -BHASKAR SHARMA.N

BHASKAR SHARMA.N ,

thanks will download and install on Kubuntu and see whats its like?

ray

Old 09-05-2010, 01:30 PM
"BHASKAR SHARMA.N"

That you don't ask now.. A fully functional browser..have you ever
seen chrome in windows? You'll find it's more advantages when you use
slower internet connection..

On 9/5/10, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM, BHASKAR SHARMA.N
> <bhaskarsharma.n@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Go to google.com/chrome.. get the .deb pack install it as default..
>> You'll get the fastest browser and relief from all problems

>>> Yes you can, context click on any Key in about:config > New > ...
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> * & RU *d*_*b
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>>

>> -BHASKAR SHARMA.N
>>
>> --
>>

> BHASKAR SHARMA.N ,
>
> thanks will download and install on Kubuntu and see whats its like?
>
> ray

-BHASKAR SHARMA.N